Environmental and Industrial Analysis Group (EIAG) require an experienced Asbestos Laboratory Analyst to join their team.
The applicant must have participated in an accredited proficiency testing scheme (e.g. Proficiency Testing Australia) and must have at least one year’s previous relevant experience working in a laboratory environment within the asbestos industry.
- Provide asbestos analysis in accordance with New Zealand legislations for analysis of bulk samples and air testing working within an IANZ accredited quality system.
- Maintain a safe & healthy working environment.
- Perform all required internal & external quality assurance checks to meet IANZ requirements.
- Support the business in providing a flexible service to meet internal and external customer’s requirements on site or off site.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Booking samples received from clients.
- Preparing samples for analysis.
- Carrying out analysis of samples for fibre content.
- Reporting analytical findings.
- Getting involved with general day to day laboratory duties.
An experienced analyst who has a background in both bulk asbestos identification and fibre counting would be an advantage.
Overall, you will be self-motivated, keen, have good communication skills, both written and verbal and have the ability to prioritize your workload.
Salary is negotiable and based on experience.
In the first instance please apply in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your current CV.