Environmental and Industrial Analysis Group (EIAG) is a small but robust, well-resourced Christchurch laboratory. EIAG is an IANZ accredited asbestos laboratory, specialising in asbestos analysis, air monitoring and surveying.
We are rapidly growing and are actively seeking an experienced, ambitious Field Technician to join our dynamic team and assist with broadening our services.
You will need to have;
- Valid drivers licence
- A minimum of 3 years working in environmental and/ or construction industries
- A thorough understanding of current and upcoming health and safety legislation
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethics and safe work practices
Desirable Skills & Experience;
- Membership of a recognised professional body e.g. NZOHS, AIOH or BOHS
- Occupational hygiene consulting and project management
- Tertiary qualifications in science, engineering, occupational hygiene or related discipline
- Experience conducting either:
- Asbestos surveying
- Particulate exposure sampling (including respirable crystalline silica)
- Noise exposure assessment and management
- Mould assessments
Overall, you will be self-motivated, keen and resourceful with good communication skills and have the ability to prioritize your workload.
Salary is negotiable based on experience and capability.
Christchurch is a vibrant city undergoing transformation and boasts a strong arts and cultural scene. With its close proximity to the mountains and sea, Christchurch offers excellent recreational opportunities with beaches, lakes, ski fields and mountain biking tracks close at hand.
In the first instance please apply in confidence to email@example.com with a copy of your current CV.