The heightened attention surrounding methamphetamine (meth) in New Zealand housing is a big wake up call. All prudent property owners, managers, buyers and sellers are fast becoming aware that meth is a dangerous contaminant they should be aware of. Methamphetamine, a Class A illegal drug, is a crystal that vaporizes when heated. The vapour clings to surfaces and reforms into crystals. People who come in contact with these surfaces can absorb the meth through their skin or by touching contaminated surfaces then touching their mouth, nose or eyes. This is a harmful product that can have serious health effects on the people and pets that are exposed to its residues.
Property owners and managers:
By having your property screened prior to buying, selling or renting you will be able to eliminate the possibility of putting yourself and family or business at risk.
If you as a tenant are about to rent a property, then testing the property prior to moving in is not only beneficial to your health but for your legal protection as a tenant. Having proof that the house was clean before you sign the tenancy gives you peace of mind that a later test will not uncover an unpleasant truth.
EIAG’S meth testing service includes the following:
- Property visit by one of our competent friendly staff
- Baseline testing throughout your property
- Specific testing in area of suspected use or manufacturing
- If meth is found during baseline screening or is known to be a contaminant of the property then EIAG can conduct an in-depth investigation into the areas and associated levels. The results of these tests can then be used to formulate a remediation plan
- Scheduled in-between tenancy checks
- Scheduled during tenancy checks
- Pre purchase screening
- All of our meth services can be performed in conjunction with an asbestos inspection/ sampling/ analysis
- Clear reports will include locations of samples, photographs, analysis results and recommendations for solutions if required.
- Remediation management
- Clearance testing